EVERETT, Wash., March 28, 2010 – During ultimate-load testing at Boeing’s Everett, Wash., facility, the wings of the 787 Dreamliner were flexed upward by approximately 25 feet (7.6 meters). Engineers are reviewing the detailed test results and report that initial results are promising. The test exposed the airframe to the equivalent of 150 percent of the heaviest load it is ever expected to see while in service.
- Connectivity, Human Factors Drive Next-Gen Cockpit
- F-35A Cost Per Flying Hour Exceeds F-16 by 10%
- All-electric SportsStar EPOS makes maiden flight
- Bell unveils V-280 Valor tiltrotor concept for U.S. Army program
- GAMA Releases 2012 Year-End Report and Focuses on the Opportunities and Goals That Lie Ahead